Yesterday I put beef stew chunks in the crock pot with red wine, water, spices, Garlic Expressions and a dash of that morning’s coffee. It turned out fantastic, B and I ate it on rice last night and today with the leftovers, shepherd’s pie. A glance on the internet, two consultations with friends…. Great, now I have my recipe!
- Mash potatoes, store bought, home made creamy mash or coarse mash.
- Pan sauteed onion, carrots and half bag frozen peas, added my beef stew mixture.
- Thicken mixture with a little roux, pour in baking dish.
- Topped with coarse mash and sharp cheddar cheese.
- Baked till I couldn’t stand it anymore, I was starving.
I have to say, my first go at Shepherd’s pie was a success, comfort food, perfect for a low-key Sunday night.